Car crashes are the leading cause of preventable death among young people. Many of these crashes are the result of impaired driving – whether due to alcohol, drugs, drowsiness, or distraction.
Plan My Ride by iRT is a comprehensive, interactive web-based training program developed with and for young drivers.
Distinctive features of Plan My Ride:
- Scientifically rooted in behavior change theory
- Focused on teaching not only about the problem of impaired driving but also tangible skills to prevent it in everyday life
- Designed in look, feel, tone, and content to be relatable and engaging to young drivers
- A brief, interactive, online, self-paced program that can be delivered remotely
- Shown to change knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about impaired driving, perceived norms, self-efficacy to avoid impaired driving, and behavioral intentions to avoid impaired driving