Plan My Ride has two main components: a self-paced, interactive, skill-building online training, and immersive 360-degree scenarios in which to practice the skills learned in the online training. 360-degree videos are immersive, virtual reality type experiences in which a user can look completely around their environment (even behind them).
Plan My Ride is structured into 5 lessons:
- Lesson 1: Driving skills (online training)
- Lesson 2: Avoiding distractions while driving (online training)
- Lesson 3: Avoiding substance-impaired driving (online training)
- Lesson 4: Practice avoiding distracted driving (360-degree scenario)
- Lesson 5: Practice avoiding substance-impaired driving (360-degree scenario)
At the end of the course, students take a knowledge test and receive a certificate.
Plan My Ride uses audio and visual elements, interactive learning activities, videos, animations, reflection activities, knowledge check quizzes, and review activities to teach the key material in an engaging way that promotes reflection and memory. Upon completion of the course, users will have created a safe driving plan tailored to their own everyday life.